This is our favourite side dish for the Sweet and Sour Chicken I posted yesterday. It’s another one that I “Frankensteined” from several recipes I found on Pinterest and it’s sooooo simple to make.
What you’ll need:
- generous 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3-4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed (you could also use frozen peas and carrots mixed, but we prefer just the peas)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (we choose sodium-reduced)
What you’ll do:
Heat sesame oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Stir fry for about a minute. Add peas and stir fry until all veggies are tender.
Reduce heat to medium-low and push the mixture to one side.
Pour eggs onto empty space and stir fry until they are scrambled.
Add rice and soy sauce and stir to blend well. Stir fry until all the mixture is heated through.
This easily makes enough for 6 or more people.