I took some time last night to “fix” my cutting mistake on Anna’s pajama shirt. I was using the Easy Linen Shirt pattern from Sewing for Boys but I had cut out two front pieces that went the same direction. So I pieced some fabric bits together and re-cut one front piece. If you look really closely, you might be able to see some of those sewing lines… Next, I changed up the neckline by widening it a little and curving the edges and I left out the collar piece altogether. I also shortened the sleeves to about 3/4 length. I pulled out some vintage bias tape I’d gotten from my friend and used it to finish all the raw edges. It’s kind of a pale orangey-peachy-pink colour. Now that I have the whole shirt finished, I kind of wish I had had some bright orange bias tape — that would have looked really nice with this pink fabric!
While I was at it, I also shortened the pj pants — not sure how I managed to get them so long on her when I had measured and everything! But that’s the sort of thing that happens when you sew late at night after a busy day… 🙂