Finally got around to hitting up the fabric store for lining fabric for Noah’s vest that was cut out and ready to sew up. About $70 later, and two large bags of fabric (hey! there was a sale! how can I help it?), I actually got back to the sewing machine and churned out this.
I’ve adapted it from the Out-On-The-Town Jacket from Sewing for Boys again like I did for the Small Fry’s version only this time I brought the neckline lower. Actually, I think I liked it higher up so next time I’ll probably adjust that again. I used heavy duty metal snaps on this one again (thank goodness for no-sew! plus, the boys love it when I get out a hammer to “sew” them something! 🙂 ).
I also took another look at Noah’s pants to fix the length. After taking the cuffs part way out and re-sewing them so that they became really narrow cuffs, I got him to try them on and they were still not long enough. So I got out the rotary cutter, cut the cuffs off entirely and chucked them. Then I cut out 2 new pieces and sewed on a new, wider cuff. Much better! This length should actually last a few months! 🙂