Wow! Yep, a whole month. It’s just disappeared on me. I’ve been having some problems with my computer and camera — very unfortunate because I have so many things I wanted to post about! I’ve managed to correct problems with my camera by upgrading my SD card but now my computer refuses to recognize the SD card reader no matter what! So, I’m still working on figuring that one out and in the mean time I thought I’d just pop in to give a brief update on our month.
There’s been a lot of illness. Flu, colds, more flu, stomach bugs, more flu, and more flu… yep — ick! Despite all the illnesses we’ve been able to do an awful lot! Brian took March Break off so we could do a few things together since so many other families we know take March Break as well — and that was really nice having him home for a week. So far this month, we have:
- bought and assembled a new BBQ (which we’ve been gratefully using with all the nice weather the last couple of weeks!)
- traveled to the States to do some (mostly fabric) shopping — got everything I need to make the kidlets some new outfits in time for Easter
- completed an Easter dress for Anna
- nearly completed a button down shirt for Levi
- adapted a pj pant pattern to create a flat front pant for Noah’s Easter outfit
- nearly completed my first pair of dress pants for myself
- won a $250 gift certificate to a local furniture and decor shop (where I might be able to buy a lamp or a wall clock — EXPENSIVE place!)
- visited the sugar bush
- made our first visit to the farm for the season to see the newest arrivals (baby animals are always a hit!)
- got Anna out on her bicycle, Noah on his scooter, and Levi got his first tricycle
- started sewing a circle skirt for Anna
- completed most of the Harry Potter series
- and Brian tried his hand (or feet?) at peak bagging (basically climbing a mountain just to say you’ve made it to the peak) yesterday
Where has the month gone? I can’t wait to get this technological glitch out of the way and show you some pictures of what I’ve been up to at the sewing table!