I got so much accomplished in the last week! I managed to cross a few things off my February To-Sew List:
Green shirt dress
- Green dolman sleeve top
PJ pants for Noah PJ pants for Anna Patch Noah’s snowpants Salvage mission on the Yard Sale Wrap Skirt
I should be able to post more about some of these projects soon (need to take some photos first).
I also managed to accomplish quite a few other things around the house. I hung the last of the paper planets in the boys’ room and I found some great (and inexpensive) foam airplanes to assemble and hang:I think it may need a bright orange paper UFO right in the middle here to complete the look though. (Planning to work on that in the next week or so.)
I finally figured out pie crust — I’ve been struggling with this one. As it turns out while I can’t seem to get a handle on the shortening based recipes to save my life, I actually have no problem with the lard-based recipe my mom suggested. Don’t have a clue as to why… BUT got a recipe figured out now and made half a dozen pie shells. Most of them went into the freezer so I can make lemon merangue and key lime pies for our 50’s backyard BBQ murder mystery dinner coming up. But I also made a couple of banana cream pies from scratch while we had company on the weekend. Yum!