Last night I performed an emergency transplant procedure on a pair of t-shirts my brother-in-law sent over. Someone had gifted him a tourist shirt from Jeju Island with a really cute logo on it. Unfortunately, a size XXL in that part of the world is very different than size XXL here so the shirt was much too tight to wear.
Here’s the two shirts I started with:You can see how I cut the logo out of the original shirt. I used some scraps of Steam-a-Seam 2 to hold the logo in place on it’s new host t-shirt and ironed it down. Now, I was worried about the logo paint since tourist-y shirts can tend to be lower quality so I used a thicker ironing cloth and I’m glad I did! Some of the paint came right off and ruined my cloth but fortunately, it did not ruin my iron.Once the logo was in place on the new shirt, I pulled out an embroidery needle and floss and hand sewed a running stitch border all the way around. Transplant surgery complete and a better fitting t-shirt is ready to go home to my brother-in-law this weekend.